What are the benefits of a dog harness?
A dog that continuously pulls, jumps, or tries to wriggle is always frustrating for a dog owner. When you put on a dog harness with leash, your dog is perfectly well behaved.Dog harness with leash makes it easier for you to control your dog; if your dog is too innocent, you can leave it without a leash as well.
There are different benefits of a dog harness with a leash. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefit of a dog harness with a leash and how you can put on a dog harness.
So, let’s get started!
Benefits of a Dog Harness with Leash
If you’re using a harness with leash, we have outlined its few benefits:
- If you’re a puppy owner, a harness is perfect for your puppy; it is the best training tool for puppies who don’t yet know how to walk on a lead. A harness will help them to avoid getting tangled in the leash.
- When you’re walking with your dog on a busy street or a crowded place, a dog harness will deliver much-needed control in such areas.
- If you’re a proud owner of a big and strong dog, the harness will give you excellent control, and it’s also easier on back and arms.
- Tugging or pulling of the leash is a threat for small dogs, and they may get injured. As compared to dog collar, the harness distributes the pressure all over the dog’s body, which reduces the risk of injury.
- If you’ve put on a dog collar and it tries to pull on the leash, it still moves forward and thinks that he’s successful in pulling. But as compared to the dog collar, a harness redirects the dog, and he gets no reward of pulling; as a result, harness prevents pulling.
- Harness with the leash is the best tool if your dog is an escape artist, and it wriggles out of its collar. It prevents their escape.
If you’re unable to decide what to select a harness or a collar? Although the collar has different benefits as well, we’ll recommend you go for a harness.
How to Put on a Dog Harness?
There are different types of harnesses, and each harness has a different method of putting on. Types of harness include standard harness, Step-in dog harness, and front clip dog harness. Here we’ll teach you how to put on a standard dog harness.
- The first step is that you should either squat, stand, or sit behind your dog and put your dog in standing position. The best way to put on a harness is when your dog is relaxed and calm.
- Now, slip the harness over your dog’s head while making sure that the D-ring is on the back of your dog. Another thing that you should know is a wider loop with buckle will go first, and a narrow loop will go second.
- Take your dog’s leg, and slip it in the harness’s first leg hole. When you slip the dog’s leg, make sure it’s between the loop that goes around the neck and the ribs.
- Now, buckle the harness and make sure that the dog’s other leg is in the harness hole too. If you’re unable to close the buckle, you can loosen the strap.
- After buckling the harness, adjust it, and make sure it fits the dog properly. The best way to check is that you should be able to slip two fingers under any strap without any problem. You can pull the harness to make sure it is secure and safe.